Local Home Instead Senior Care Signs AARP Employer Pledge
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA – March 20, 2019 – The Home Instead Senior Care® Office serving San Luis Obispo County has proudly signed the AARP® Employer Pledge. Doing so recognizes the value of experienced workers, and our commitment to an age-diverse workforce. The AARP Employer Pledge Program encompasses a nationwide group of employers.
Home Instead Senior Care understands that a multigenerational workforce is good for workers of all ages. It creates a strong pipeline of talent, protects business continuity and taps into new resources to address labor shortages.
Older adults are continuing to work past a traditional retirement age, both as a result of desire and necessity. Many areas of the economy can benefit from the skills and expertise of seniors. Caregiving is one of those.
“Whether a senior is working of necessity or of desire, one thing is certain: older workers will be needed in the future,” said Tiffany Alcantara, owner of the Home Instead Senior Care office serving San Luis Obispo county. “I am honored to be a part of an organization that recognizes the importance of hiring senior workers – who offer invaluable experience and expertise, while simultaneously fighting age discrimination.”
Many analysts predict shortages of labor when Boomers retire. Furthermore, unless the wave of retirements is more gradual than anticipated, employers not only will have fewer workers, but also will have fewer leaders. In addition to employers’ need for talent in a tight labor market, it makes great business sense to hire experienced workers, as noted in A Business Case for Workers Age 50+.
As set out in the report, experienced workers offer many of the attributes that employers look for:
• 81% of workers age 55+ are motivated, exerting extra effort and contributing more than is normally required in their job
• 65% of employees 55+ are engaged in their jobs
• 79% of workers 55+ are curious about and interested in increasing their tech skills
• 81% of workers 55+ are able to keep up with technology
In addition, employers believe workers 50+ offer many other benefits:
• 87% believe they are a valuable resource for training and mentoring
• 82% believe they have more knowledge, wisdom and life experience
• 69% believe they are more responsible, reliable and dependable
• 59% believe they are more adept at problem solving
Bottom line? Diversity makes organizations stronger and better prepared to flourish in today’s business climate. Home Instead Senior Care is proud to be part of this nationwide commitment to experienced workers and a diverse workforce.
To learn more about the AARP Employer Pledge please contact email@example.com. To sign the pledge, visit www.aarp.org/employerpledge.