Join the Pulse: CEO Opportunity at South County Chambers of Commerce
January 24, 2024
A smart, dynamic, highly collaborative, and forward-thinking visionary who is excited about bringing people together to foster business success.
CEO - South County Chambers of Commerce
The South County Chambers of Commerce is a small and vibrant Chamber with a big goal: to drive economic prosperity for the local businesses and communities we serve.
As of January 2024, we currently serve more than 500 business members, employing over 12,000 individuals in the community.
Membership retention is strong and our team and volunteer network continue to foster connection, bring people together, and provide opportunities and resources for members and businesses to grow and succeed, personally and professionally.
As we look to the future, we are eager to welcome our new leader to continue and advance our mission of connecting the business community and driving economic prosperity.
Who We're Seeking:
We are seeking an experienced visionary and gravitational leader who possesses a unique blend of skills, experiences, and personal attributes that align with our organization's mission and goals.
- 10 years of professional experience in roles such as Chamber leadership, private industry, trade associations, economic development, or related not-for-profit organizations.
- Proven track record of providing dynamic leadership, achieving revenue objectives, and delivering results in line with strategic plans.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in economic development principles, regional economy and political dynamics, marketing, and branding concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to build, motivate, manage, develop, and lead high-performing teams, fostering a collaborative culture and innovative workplace.
- Experience in successfully soliciting and securing funding from both the public and private sectors.
- A strategic and forward-thinking leader with diplomatic communication skills.
- Independent self-starter with strong analytical, planning, leadership, and project management skills.
- Charismatic with enthusiasm for the disciplined execution of details.
- Proactive, energetic, and self-assured professional with high personal integrity.
- Proven experience assembling and leading teams through recruitment, coaching, and development.
- Effective facilitator of cross-functional teams, capable of aligning them towards common goals.
- Trustworthy, adaptable, and able to foster a positive organizational culture.
- People enthusiastically follow you and want to be in your orbit.
- Lead the development and execution of innovative ideas to grow the Chamber and support the business community.
- Collaborate with a volunteer Board of Directors to drive strategic planning and organizational policy.
- Oversee financial management, including budget development, fundraising strategies, and general finances.
- Represent the Chamber as a leading voice and advocate of business in the region.
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies to mobilize and educate Chamber members.
- Provide effective oversight, support, and direction to ongoing Chamber programs.
- Build and maintain relationships with government officials, business organizations, and the media.
- Trustworthiness, professionalism, and a results-oriented mindset.
- A big-picture thinker with diplomatic and persuasive communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, think quickly, and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Open-minded and approachable, with excellent time management skills.
- Strong leadership ability with a focus on member value and member happiness.
- Keen industry acumen and awareness of competitive and economic issues affecting the chamber industry.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Competitive salary (range: $85,000 - $95,000/year), plus performance incentives
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, plus retirement savings
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Generous time-off and vacation policy
How to Apply:
If you are a passionate and experienced leader with a commitment to business success and community development, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the South County business community.
Apply via email to: email@example.com
In addition to your resume, please tell us a bit about why you’re excited for this opportunity and why you’re an excellent fit!
Check out our Chamber website to learn more about the incredible work we do: www.SouthCountyChambers.com
Upcoming Chamber Events: