June 12, 2021
Oceano Dunes District reopening on June 15
Effective June 15, 2021, Oceano Dunes District will move to Phase 3 of their three-phased reopening plan. Phase 3 will see the return of their OHV rental concession partners, allow operations to incrementally increase their camping inventory, and adjust their park operation hours.
Oceano Dunes District Operational Changes Effective June 15, 2021:
• Camping increased: Inventory will be increased to 150 camping units. Camping will be monitored and overtime, incrementally increased back up to 500 units as park operations allow.
• Park hours modified: Park is open to daily vehicle traffic between 7:00 a.m. and one hour after sunset. The new closing time more closely aligns with other California State Park coastal units.
• OHV Rentals Return: OHV Rental business partners may return to beach operations.
• Daily Vehicle Attendance: Daily vehicle attendance will remain at a temporarily reduced limit of 1,000 vehicles.
• Off-Highway Vehicle Attendance: Daily OHV attendance will remain at a temporarily reduced limit of 1,000 vehicles.
If you have any questions, please call the California State Parks office at (805) 773-7177.